The Hunter

My Matthew has become quite the Hunter first a doe and now a buck with eight points. He not only shots them but cleans them up and hangs them in the cooler all by himself.  I am very proud of him.  Often I find myself praying for safety not only for himself but others. These deer are literally found very near our front door. We can hear the shots and don't have  far  in traveling to pick them up.  With his bright orange I can usually keep track of him most of the time.   But I still find myself praying it seems the more he hunts the more I see it that over confidence.  I want to say it is a man thing and can often be good but there still remains in my heart the urgency to be humble and cautious even when it comes to the man things in this life, so I pray quietly.

Comments

Popular Posts