My Son Escaped

Where do I begin,  may I first begin with,  this young man is truly a gift from the Lord.  He is amazing, there is so much life to live in him and his favorite thing to do with it is share it with you, me, or anyone willing to go on this ride of life with him.  It can be reading his Bible, riding a bike,  hunting a rabbit,  even doing his math on occasion but,  just don't make him do it alone.   He simply doesn't like alone anything.   I know this about him so why did I send him to his room to work on school work by himself.   What a poor decision on my part.  I might as well have sent him to prison for not doing whatever it was he was supposed to have gotten done.     He did what seemed right to him and broke out of jail.   I am still crying, such a long day to worry about a precious son out in the cold, wondering if he was safe.  
Getting close to dark neighbors came to help search.  A Dear friend finally found him walking 5 miles from our home.   I feel like the Mother who should have her picture on a wanted poster, maybe reading something like armed and dangerous.
 I must confess I don't feel like raising boys has been one of my fortes neither girls for that matter.   Motherhood in general seems such an abstract thing to me right now.   How can something You hold in your hand;  Keep in your heart;  More precious then words can be written; become so distorted.  It is much easier then one may think you simply choose not to love like Jesus and the results of such decisions make for long days of searching for those things most precious to you.

Comments

Popular Posts