What is Maturity?

http://simpleandsurrendered.blogspot.com/2015/11/what-does-maturity-look-like-how-would.html?zx=9f093a162a1126d8
A sweet Sister in the LORD recently posted a series of thoughts on being a Mature Christian.   I was overwhelmed but the Love she has for Christ and the ability to keep her focus on the what the LORD was showing her.  It humbled me and this is how I felt below.  Love the Corrections of the LORD.  It is good and healing to the bones to be clean before Him.  



 I am so far from being Mature it hurts in my very bowels of my being. I want to cry out continually for a renewed mind and heart. But, I am lazy. That I might be a sweet fragrance to those around me? Oh the Joy of it if only it were true. I find my feelings dominate my responses and then I look around to see if others are following suit. Like if I am having a hard time with something why are you singing. It feels like I am a child not taking the steps necessary to fully trust in the Lord for what I should be thinking or feeling. Col shares what this should look like [Col 4:5-6 KJV] 5 Walk in wisdom, redeeming the time. 6 Let your speech [be] alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.[Col 3:10, 12-17 KJV] 10 And have put on the new [man], which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: ... 12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye. 14 And above all these things [put on] charity, which is the bond of perfectness. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. This is a person who knows Christ and whom the Holy Spirit loves to communicate with. I am so not that, I am selfish and inconsiderate with little knowledge of what is really going on around me because I am so full of myself and my own feelings. I know I am His and that He is mine but His thoughts are not my thoughts and I find myself in constant pursuit of Grace. I am sorry this is so long but truly sometimes I am sick of being sinful me and I long to look more like Him.

Comments

Popular Posts